Links that may be useful
1. To find a specific journal article online
- Electronic journals taken by Cambridge University
(Raven authentication might be needed:
- http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/electronicresources/stepbystep.html )
- DSpace – Cambridge University’s e-repository. A very long shot for most articles, but worth exploring.
2. If what you want is not available online, try the following catalogues. They are online lists or descriptions of offline resources. Note that they tend to be of more use at the book or journal level, rather than at chapter or article level.
- Newton, the online catalogue for libraries in the Cambridge University & the colleges:
- Haddon Library
- Libraries Cambridge-wide
- COPAC — libraries UK-wide
- Worldcat — libraries worldwide
3. To find material on a particular topic: all of the above, plus the following.
- British & Irish Archaeological Bibliography
- Archaeology Data Service (Archsearch)
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI); Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- Medline (all 5 versions)
4. To get updates on newly-published journals by email